Thursday, July 23, 2015

Poufs – Give Your Living Room Some Personality

If you’re familiar with the term pouf, then you know it’s pretty much a foot stool or ottoman. The low piece of furniture comes with a soft top and is typically made from soft material to be used as a foot stool, although some people use them as coffee tables.

Like other furniture, poufs and ottomans come in different colors, materials, designs and makes. This means that you can easily add some personality to your living room with a cute ottoman. It could therefore give a great finishing touch to your home remodeling.

There are so many unique ottoman designs out there, and some of these outstanding designs can be seen in the following post by Jessa Kristia:

Foot stools or foot rests nowadays are really getting prettier and somewhat expensive because of their designs, details and materials. For today though, we have a list about those cube-like fluffy and stuffy pouf that we can see online and in furniture supply stores or even home depots. You will definitely be able to find the right designs and colors if you just know where to look, check this list out.

1. Beth Lacefield Glowing Pouf Ottoman

Beth Lacefield1

Surya

This pouf from Surya has this nice detail on the top that actually glows! Pretty interesting because even when the lights are off in the living room, I’m sure you’ll know where this pouf is! See more pouf examples here…

Leather poufs have also become a popular option, with classy designs and lots of creative additions that make for a memorable addition. A good example is this black leather pouf with crystals:

Image Credit: http://homedesignlover.com/home-furniture/cube-leather-poufs/

The thing with poufs and ottomans is that while they can be pretty useful, they’re not really necessary and they tend to be quite expensive. So while you might want to have one, you may have a lot of other things that you need that could restrict your budget.

Fortunately, this does not stop you from creating your very own pouf. The following post by Brittany Bailey is a great tutorial for a DIY pouf ottoman, and you don’t even have to be a master tailor to get it done:

Hey everyone!  It’s Katie again from Addicted 2 DIY.  Today, I have (1) a tutorial on how to make a fun DIY pouf ottoman and (2) a few lessons I learned while I was making mine that will help you out when making your own.  I’m pretty certain it’s hard to miss the fact that pouf ottomans are everywhere right now.  The problem is the price.  These babies are expensive!  I refuse to pay a high price for something that I can make myself. I bought some fabric and figured out how to make my own!

diy-floor-pouf

I’m no pro at sewing, so know that this is a tutorial for even a novice sewer! Sewing is not one of my chosen hobbies, but I do love the fact that I am able to save a ton of money when I make things myself.

An ottoman or pouf will definitely be a great finishing touch for your home, and there’s no reason you shouldn’t have one even on a tight budget. If you would like to talk to a professional home remodeling contractor, contact Gainvesville Home Pros today.

No comments:

Post a Comment